An effective Control of Work system is essential to maintaining safe operations during high risk work activities when simple human error could lead to death, serious or disabling injuries and loss of critical equipment. Many of these costly incidents can be mitigated or prevented with the implementation of an effective control of work system. Our Control of Work Training Programme is tailored to the client’s needs and specifies the skills, knowledge, understanding and behaviours needed to carry out high risk work activities in a safe and effective manner.
Who should attend?
This Control of Work course is for anyone who has to manage, implement or use Control of Work Systems. Typically aimed at:
- Line Managers /Team leaders
- Maintenance Managers and Engineers
- HSE personnel and those selected to become Permit Issuing Authorities
- Introduction to control of work
- Legal requirements
- Permit to work system
- Principles of work control
- Types of control of work methods and documentation
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Task Risk Assessments
- Controlling work activities
- Work at heights
- Confined space
- Hot works
- Lockout /tag-out
- Handover, work suspension, and completion
Duration: 5 hours
Cost: $680 per person
Certificate: International Association of Safety Professionals Certificate with Wallet card
Prerequisites: None required
Completion Requirements: Participants will be required to undertake a written quiz with a pass mark of 75%.
Refresher Training & Certification Validity Period: No expiration date is indicated on this certificate. Refresher training is recommended at intervals not greater than 3 years.